Mediation is a confidential voluntary process that empowers people in conflict to communicate, facilitated by an impartial mediator. A critical aspect of my work is my unique set of experiences and education in managing and mediating conflicts that arise within families. After decades of working in the fields of Child Welfare, Social Work and divorcing parents, I have a vision that honors the best interest of the child at every turn in the road. Of course the best interest of the child also includes maximizing the well-being of the parents wherever possible.
Mediations can often elicit intense emotions, however the work is not psychotherapy. Though I am trained as a therapist, social worker and child development specialist, and often draw on my skills in these areas, I choose to take an approach that blends these professional experiences to best facilitate the Mediation outcome. I believe this to be conducive to clients getting the help they need in navigating their complex journey.
Conflict Management and Mediation, specializing in:
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Parent/Child disputes
- Relationship Disputes (LGBT friendly)
- Elder Care
- Adoption & Birth Parent disputes
- Pet Custody agreements
Educational sessions for:
- Individuals or couples contemplating mediation
- Decision-making in adoption, surrogacy and medically assisted reproduction for those who wish to dialogue about parenting options
- Consultations for families touched by adoption
- Mediation and educational sessions: $180.00/hr
- No additional charge for Saturday appointments
- Extended same-day sessions available for out-of-towners